Not all phones can charge wirelessly, make sure your phone model is enabled with Qi wireless charging technology.
1. Turn on your PowerTrip Wireless.
- Press the power button on the side of the unit.
- The LCD battery status meter will light up and you will see how much power is left on your PowerTrip Wireless.
- Wait about 10 seconds and you will see the bars on the screen flash twice, this indicates that the PowerTrip Wireless is ready to charge wirelessly.
- Place your PowerTrip Wireless on a flat surface, with the solar panel facing down.
2. Place your phone on top of the PowerTrip Wireless.
- You may have to adjust the position of your phone slightly until the charging begins.
- There is a coil in the PowerTrip Wireless that emits the wireless charge and a coil in your phone that receives the charge.
- These two coils must be lined up for the charging to work.
- Note: If you plug a phone in to your PowerTrip Wireless to charge while you have a phone charging wirelessly, the wireless charging will stop to provide maximum charging efficiency to the phone that is plugged in.
3. The battery status meter shows the charging status:
Quick flashing: Not charging
If the bars on the battery gauge are all flashing together quickly, this means your phone is not receiving a charge. Remove your phone from the PowerTrip Wireless, make sure the charging surfaces are clean and place your phone back on the PowerTrip Wireless. You may have to adjust your phone’s position more than once to ensure it is in the right position to charge.
If the bars are scrolling through (lighting up one-by-one), this means your phone is receiving a charge. The bars will continue to scroll through until your phone is fully charged or removed from the PowerTrip Wireless.
Slow blinking: Fully charged
If the bars are all blinking together slowly, this means your phone is fully charged and you can remove it from the PowerTrip Wireless.